Here is an easy and healthy recipe that every member of your family would love to eat, especially on rainy, cuddling days at home. Let’s make a simple Pumpkin Soup!
- diced pumpkin
- chicken stock
- chopped onions
- salt and pepper
- ground flaxseed
- garnishing options: chopped pumpkin seeds / pistachios or fresh parsley / thyme
- Heat some olive oil in a sauce pan and gently cook chopped onions.
- Add cut pumpkin, some chicken stock, (optional: add thyme or oregano) and bring them to a boil.
- Remove from heat and it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to sauce pan and bring to a boil again.
- Add some ground flaxseed, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Let simmer for another 15-20 minutes (optional: stir in heavy cream or milk).
- Pour into soup bowls and garnish with freshly chopped pumpkin seeds or pistachios.