It’s a laid-back weekend and we love it!
We are in for a movie marathon tonight at home and I cooked a special dinner with my daughter, Jodee, as sous chef.
It’s a hearty and milky comfort food, the Filipino-style macaroni soup we call “SOPAS” in the Philippines. To complement our sopas, we also toasted some bread and splatter the toasted bread with melted butter and hanuka honey while they’re hot. It’s was so filling and delicious!
3 tbsp butter
Cloves of garlic, minced
Medium size white onion, chopped
1 cup chicken meat, shredded
1 cube chicken broth
4 cups water
1/2 cup elbow macaroni
1/3 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup evaporated milk
Salt and pepper
1. In a very low fire, sauté garlic and onion in butter, then add chicken meat when garlic and onion turned a bit brown.
2. Add in water, broth and pasta. Let it simmer until pasta is cooked.
3. Add carrots, cabbage and evaporated milk while occasionally stirring.
5. Simmer for 5-10 minutes more, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer your soup in a bowl. Serve hot and enjoy!